1.1 *Pre occupied eg. playing during lesson
1.2 *Books not covered
1.3 *Use of implements to shoot at any target eg. ‘p’ shooters, elastic bands etc.
1.4 *Books left at home
1.5 *Homework: not done, at home, incomplete
1.6 *Eating in class
1.7 *Poor marks in test (below 40%)
1.8 *Tests not signed
1.9 *Disrupting a class
1.10 *Disregarding class rules
Teacher and pupil decides on suitable punishment.
- Extra tasks in class
- Additional school work
- -1 in detention file
2.1 *Copying, class or homework.
2.2 *Bullying classmates (bumping, pulling hair etc.)
2.3 *Emotional bullying (teasing, etc).
2.4 *Breaking any other school rules not set out above.
2.5 *Use of cell phones in class.
Phone will be confiscated and kept in the safe for parent to collect at the end of the day.
2.6 *Not listening to prefects.
2.7 *Late for line-up.
2.8 *Late for class (if a suitable excuse is given no marks will be deducted).
2.9 *Not suitably dressed in full school uniform.
2.11 *No cell phones allowed during: 07:30-13:30.
Apart from the -2 this phone will be confiscated and put in the safe for a parent to collect.
2.12 *Repeated level 1 offences.
2.13 *Not dressed according to school rules.
2.14 *Breaking any school rule not mentioned above.
- Any offence mentioned in level 2 will result in -2 in detention file.
- Parents will be called in for a discussion with the Head of the Department.
- Written warning that he/she will not repeat the offence and an entry made in the child’s portfolio. A copy of the procedure is kept and sent to the parent.
3.1 *Fighting (all involved will be treated as guilty) Any hitting will result in a deduction of -5.
3.2 *Bring the school’s name in disrespect.
3.3 *Vulgar language
3.4 *Poor hygiene eg. Urinating on school grounds or any unhygienic behavior.
3.5 *Damaging school property in toilets.
3.6 *Writing of vulgar letters.
3.7 *Letting down a sport team/group.
3.8 *Repeated level 2 offences.
3.11 *Disregarding staff
3.13 *Threatening behaviour
3.14 *Damaging of text books
- -4 in detention file except for fighting.
- Community service with permission from MEC of Education.
- Suspension from all after-school activities (must leave the school premises immediately after last period).
- Appear in front of the Disciplinary Committee of the Governing Body and possible suspension from school.
- Repetition of any level 2 offences.
4.1 *Arrogance or provoking attitude.
4.2 *Repeated disregard of school rules.
4.3 *Racist sexual or discriminating behavior.
4.4 *Repeated level 3 offences.
4.5 *Threatening behavior with a weapon.
4.6 *Verbal threats towards pupils or staff.
4.7 *Threats which place pupils or staff in danger.
4.8 *Possession of drugs.
4.9 *Possession of weapons.
4.10 *Disrespecting staff.
4.11 *Unacceptable behavior towards staff.
4.12 *Sexual harassment.
4.13 *A moral or unlawful behavior.
4.14 *Intimidating/influencing other pupils.
4.15 *Physical violence on school grounds.
4.16 *Copying during tests.
4.17 *Theft of any kind.
4.18 *Purposeful unhygienic behavior (urinating on people, spitting).
4.19 *Bunking or leaving school grounds
4.20 *Vandalism – Parent will e held responsible.
4.21 *Stealing/hiding detention file.
4.22 *After he/she has sat 3 detention classes.
4.23 *Absent from detention without a valid excuse.
4.24 *Cyber bullying (Facebook, Twitter) eg. Using social media
- -5 in detention file
- *Immediate suspension for a period to be determined by the Governing Body (no longer then 7 days and not before the pupil has appeared before the disciplinary committee).
- *Repeated of any level 3 offences.
- *Immediate detention, and an entry made into the portfolio.
- *Entry of suspension is made in the child’s portfolio.
These include criminal offences with the possibility of a criminal record.
5.1 *Life threatening attacks on others.
5.3 *Intentional use of dangerous weapons.
5.4 *A moral behavior/possession of/distribution of pornographic material.
5.8 *Threat made against any person’s life.
5.9 *Theft of any documents/exam papers.
5.10 *Trespassing: classes, grounds or offices.
5.11 *Repeated disregarding of exam rules and regulations.
5.12 *Vandalizing school property.
5.14 *Any theft eg. breaking and entering, money in class/office etc.
5.16 *Serious sexual misconduct
5.17 *Miss use of drugs/alcohol
5.18 *After 3 detention classes (Parents will appear in front of Disciplinary Committee).
Decision depends on the Principal/Governing Body/Provincial Department of Education and can include the following.
- *Criminal charges.
- *Suspension for up to 4 days while awaiting decision by MEC of Education.
- *Transfer to another school.